For this week’s edition of Healthy Blogger Recipes we are featuring Angela of Oh She Glows.
Hello, everyone! My name is Angela and I am the owner of a website called Oh She Glows. I write about all of my passions- healthy living, food, fitness, beauty/fashion, cooking/baking, and more! No day is the same on Oh She Glows.
I have weekly contest giveaways, loads of fun videos, FAQ’s, and pictures. I love showing others how I have achieved a healthy lifestyle and maintained a 30-pound weight loss since university.
My goal is to help others improve their body image and increase their overall well-being.
Andrew asked me if I could share a couple of my favorite recipes with all of you! Naturally, I was very excited for this opportunity!
So first up I am revealing my Homemade Banana Bread Larabar recipe. If you love Larabars you probably know how expensive they are! This recipe is an economical alternative and is super quick and easy! I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do!
Oh She Glows Homemade Banana Bread Larabar
• 1/4 cup dates
• 1/4 cup dried banana
• 1/3 cup raw almonds
1. Slice 1 small banana. Lay banana on greased baking sheet.
2. Cook banana at 175F for 2-3 hours until dry. You can use a food dehydrator to simplify this process or store-bought dried banana chips.
3. Roughly chop 1/4 cup of dates. Add dates and dried banana into a food processor. Process for 1-2 mins.
4. Remove from the processor bowl, set aside in a small bowl. Add 1/3 cup raw almonds to food processor and process for 1 min.
5. Add almond mixture to date/banana paste and blend well with hands. Divide into 2 halves.
6. Set each half on a piece of saran wrap. Fold the wrap over each piece and roll flat with a rolling pin or soup can. Shape to your liking. 🙂 Makes 2 bars.
Each bar has approximately 230 calories, 5 grams of protein and 2.5 grams of fiber.
The taste test? Awesome banana flavor!!! Pure, natural goodness. This is my favorite flavor yet.
Tip: Use very ripe, brown bananas for extra flavor.
7. Refrigerate bars.
Oh She Glows Flax & Oat Breakfast Power Muffins
1 ripened banana
2 tsp. Olive Oil
1 organic brown egg
1/4 cup non-packed brown sugar
1/2 cup freshly grounded flax seed
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup oats
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease 6 muffin tins. Mash banana into a medium-sized bowl. Beat in oil, egg, and brown sugar. Grind 1/2 cup flax in a blender for a couple mins. In a separate bowl, stir together the dry ingredients (Oats, ground flax, whole wheat flour, baking soda). Add dry ingredients into wet and stir. Do not overmix. Add nuts or dark chocolate chips if preferred. Spoon into muffin tins. Bake for 15-20 mins. makes 6 power muffins.
These are not your typical sugar-laden muffins! That is why I think they are the perfect breakfast muffin, because who really wants something super sweet in the morning? Not me.
Now for the good stuff:
Nutritional Profile (per muffin):
9 grams of healthy fats (from flax and olive oil!)
6 grams fiber
6.5 grams of protein
Did I mention there is over 1 Tablespoon of flax PER muffin? That is a whopping 2.5 grams of Alpha-Linolenic Acid (aka Omega-3’s) per muffin!
Big thanks to Angela for providing her two recipes. Don’t forget to check out her site, she’s having a really cool giveaway for Valentine’s Day!
Possibly Related Posts:
- Healthy Blogger Recipes – Caveman Food
- Healthy Blogger Recipes – Food Blogga
- Healthy Blogger Recipes – Tri To Cook