With a homerun performance in the movie VAN WILDER, Ryan Reynolds burst onto the Hollywood scene overnight. Ryan Reynolds although his acting ability is quite underrated, no one would dare to say that Ryan Reynold’s fitness is anything but the gold standard in Hollywood. But attaining that type of status does not come easy. His diet while training for his role in BLADE TRINITY was impeccable, check it out (Men’s Health):
Breakfast 2 eggs, some “good” fat like a spoon of almond butter or slice of avocado, and 1 cup of oatmeal with applesauce
Midmorning snack protein bar
Lunch albacore tuna wrap or chicken and salad
Midafternoon snack protein shake (whey and water), protein bar, or apple and almonds
Dinner broiled fish or chicken, brown rice, vegetables, and salad
Evening Snack protein shake”
Everyone likes to get nit-picky with celebrity diets, but in this case, that option is simply not available. After all, take a look at the result… enough said! He avoids processed foods, sugar, sweets, sodas and all of the other nutrition-void garbage that most of the world can’t live without. Reynolds puts it very simply, “I attribute my results mostly to nutrition”.
And while we know that a person’s nutrition is most important when trying to attain that ideal Hollywood look, Reynolds’ workout program is just as impressive.
Here’s what it looked like:
- 500-1000 sit-ups to start with medicine ball leg lifts and leg raises with dumbbells
- Different muscle group each day – Chest one day, back the next, then shoulders, legs, and all while mixing in arms.
- His reps ranged from 8-12 at a challenging weight during his six days of lifting a week
- Also, while training for the movie BLADE TRINITY, Reynolds engaged in heavy martial arts training with co-star Jessica Biel, multiple days a week.
All the particulars aside, what broad sweeping message does Reynolds wish to convey with regards to individualizing Ryan Reynolds your own fitness plan (Men’s Health)?
‘If you hate your workout, you’re not going to do it,’ explains Reynolds.”
So find exercises that suit your level of experience while still allowing yourself to be challenged. What works for Ryan Reynolds may be different than what works for you.
Whether it’s supporting the Foundation For Parkinson’s Research via a fundraising marathon run or simply obliterating his body fat for a superhero role (ahem, a reported 3% for his role in BLADE TRINITY), it’s obvious that there is no fitness obstacle on the planet that poses much of a problem for the always impressive Ryan Reynolds, a.k.a. The Gold Standard.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Buff Or Normal – Which Shia LaBeouf Do You Prefer?
- Michael Pollan Is Now Subject To A Celebrity Diet Post
- Denzel Washington’s Approach To Clean Living
- A Few Pointers For Life Long Health: Sharon Stone On Fitness
- The Pinnacle Of Fitness: Working Out Like Christian Bale